[singlepic=322,320,240,,left]Just a quicky to let you know that Canon has just announced a new entry level DSLR called the Canon EOS 1000D XS. This new entry-level DSLR that slots into the model lineup beneath the Canon 450D. A launch date in North America has not yet been announced. A 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor – with larger pixels for smooth, low-noise images – offers sufficient resolution to produce prints in sizes up to 8 1/2 x 11, even when cropping your image. To protect images against the effects of sensor dust, the EOS 1000D includes the EOS Integrated Cleaning System, which combats dust in three separate ways: reducing, removing and repelling.The EOS 1000D will be available with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS lens. Here are some of the features:
- 10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- 7-point wide-area AF system with f/5.6 cross-type centre point
- Up to 3 frames per second
- 2.5” LCD with Live View shooting
- DIGIC III image processor
- Compatible with SD and SDHC memory cards
- Compact and lightweight body
- Digital Photo Professional RAW processing software
- Fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites
To check out the full press release and a preview, visit my friends at DPReview HERE.
UPDATE: Check out the in depth review HERE.